Friday, April 20, 2007

Almost There!!

We cannot believe that we are almost to Vietnam! We are sitting in the airport in Hong Kong right now and it is beautiful! We just got off the plane from our LONG 15 hour flight! Everyone struggled a little bit, but of course Dusty and I had no problem sleeping - we both slept about 7 hours. I am sure the way home with Cole Thai will be a LOT different! Dusty and I are just in shock that we are going to see or son for the first time tomorrow - needless to say we are giddy. Every time we look over at eachother we don't have to say anything, we just start smiling.

We have only had one freak out moment...just now when we arrived and were getting ready to go through the secure area we could not find Dusty's passport. All of our sweet friends stood around us as we were dumping everything out of our carry-ons and it was no where. Scott (Howie's dad) picked up one of our magazines and opened it and there it was. It had slipped in among the pages. When he said "here it is!" I was on my hands and knees on the floor among all our stuff and just started balling. In that short time my mind had already imagined that we were marooned in Hong Kong and would not be able to get to our baby! Ha ha...I am sill trying to laugh it off! We will update you soon on our ongoing adventures! Love to you all!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have titled this, "Heart Failure in Hong Kong" We can just visualize this entire scene from start to finish. I am glad we can laugh about it now. Kathryn, what a start to your journal and you aren't even there yet. Dusty, we'll say an extra prayer for you tonight on your organizational skills! haha
Love bunches,
Mom & Dad Nimmo

Unknown said...

Dusty, I hope one of the topics in your last class involved stress management. I think Kathryn will need some for herself if this keeps up. Glad you found the passport. What would a Nimmo trip be without a little excitement. You will certainly be bringing Cole into an exciting group. Love you both or should I say all now?
Grandpa Nimmo

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you found the passport. Can you imagine? I can't wait to read about your meeting with your baby boy!

Nadra said...

Yes...that would be a freak out moment. Event though it was a long flight, you're almost there and before long you will meet your precious son. I can't wait for tomorrow's updates.

Sending prayers your way.

Nadra

middleton's said...

We finally figured out how to write you a message. Max and mommy are up early trying to see baby cole, and you two of course. When I read your story I just started crying. It is so real now. Baby cole is probably in your arms right now. Max says he can't wait to see his cousin. I can't wait to see my one and only beautiful nephew. We love you guys

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a stresser. Hope that's the last of it's kind... Glad you were able to get some sleep, as I'm sure it'll be harder and harder to rest today and in the coming days. Look forward to hearing about your first meeting and CANNOT WAIT to see the first shots of the family together at last!! Praying for your safety and joyful introduction to your son, Anna

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding! I am going to "tighten" that secuity wallet that goes around your neck if you lose that passport.;) Ha.
We can't wait to hear from you when you see little Cole. Not long now.
Love you tons,
Mom Garvey

Melanie said...

We are so glad you found that passport! I can just picture the whole thing going down! I almosted cried when I read Anna's post about the family pic! I can't wait. I keep praying the first meeting goes perfect. I know he is anxiously waiting for you guys to come get him! Talk to you soon!
mel, Zac and Parker

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more! Mom told me about the passport story this morning and I could not believe it! Hopefully, the one "freak out moment" is the last. You and Dusty are on my mind every moment. Love you heaps!

Jess and Phil said...

It is so good to hear you made it safe. And your first message brought tears to my eyes, but glad everything is fine. Sounds like this is a very emotional ride for everyone, you guys are so special and Cole is a very loved little boy already.

FYI - The dogs are doing GREAT and ALL 4 inside for the night since it might rain.

Best wishes on the first meeting,

Jess and Phil