We cannot sleep-in here and wake up early and are too excited to sleep any longer. We wondered out to one of the main streets by our hotel and had an excellent street food breakfast for $1 and then went to Starbucks and spent $11 on coffee - HA HA! I will say it was worth it though as I would never have thought Starbucks would taste watered down until being here several days. Later that morning we were in the lobby getting in a little internet time and had a chance to talk to my parents on Skype. Meanwhile, Kaiya and the social worker came walking in earlier than expected and my parents got to see her walk up and say hello to her (lucky them!). Kaiya was definitely more aware of what was going on today. Sad for a while and does not like being in the hotel. Her foster home is open air to the outside so she is not used to window glass, doors, air conditioning. She is much happier outside so we spent some time walking in the garden around the pool. Dusty got to hold her for a bit which was nice for him...and my arms, but I was still jealous. They took us all to a shopping mall to buy some necessities (and some shoes from her daddy) and Kaiya enjoyed being out and about. By lunch she was the life of the party and making everyone laugh, except for Josh (one of the dads) when she pulled a Hercules and flipped the table so everything slid into his lap! Sorry! Dusty had her laughing again and then when all attention was off her she stood up in my lap, looked around at all of the patrons, and with a smile started to scream. She may give Sophie a run for her money Anna! We had so much fun with her there and then headed back to the hotel for a bit. Getting used to the new environment seems to be just as difficult as adjusting to us so specific prayers for that are appreciated!
Tonight we decided to go to Khao San road, a touristy, crazy, street food, backpackers area that in the evening was kind of like bourbon street meets bohemia meets Vegas and a must see - without a precious little girl in tow - so we enjoyed that and have a list of parks, zoo, temples, to see as we feel Kaiya will want to be outside a lot. We will just plan to be flexible to her needs so we'll see. Tomorrow is the big day!! She will arrive around 11:00 and will be ours!! We miss you all (nearly as much as our boys and own bed)!
Sweet smile
Shopping with Mommy
Khao San Road
Yummy street food

3 comments:
I could just tell from the photos that gal has pizazz! She and Sophie will be trouble with a capital T! Ethan and sophie both let out a squeal when I showed them the pics of you two with Kaiya ("they got her!! Kaiya's almost home!!) I confess I let out a squeal, too. We are glad for your time there and pray especially for the next several days for you two, Kaiya, and her foster family. Joyous birth of a family not without some pain. We love you!!
Is it weird that I've reread your posts, like, ten times? I love that Dusty's buying shoes for Kaiya. Bro, you're toast!
PS - I'll take some of that chicken pad Thai And a spring roll. Looks gooooood!!
I am so in love with that little girl already! I too have been reading your posts over and over! I can not wait to meet her and all her personality! We are praying for you all daily!!! Can't believe tomorrow is the day! Or maybe today is the day or it might be right now! Either way I'm giving thanks to God for giving you such a beautiful girl!!
Post a Comment