I cannot believe we have been home for two days! (Well, I guess yesterday was the first full day - Friday was a total blur! Jae is doing so great and I feel like we have SO much to update on already. I am very serious when I tell you that your prayers for us were very real, very felt, and God has performed miracles for us. This little guy was in for a rough transition to his new family and had a difficult first couple of hours; however we prayed for a miracle (and know you were praying for him too) and He delivered in a BIG way. Jae is all smiles and growls since and we are so in love! :D We know he has a lot of healing left - how great that we know the great healer? This is the kind of stuff only He can do. I lay in bed at night and am just overwhelmed. I literally cry every time I think about why God chose us to be Cole and Jae's parents - could he really love us that much? Are we that special to him to want to bless us in this way? Thank you, thank you, thank you God for our beautiful baby boys.
Seoul was an unbelievable city. Any pictures I post will not do it justice. This place is HUGE! I think the statistics are like 48 million people in a place the size in Indiana. We had so much fun. The plane ride home? Well, it went about as great as you could expect for a 24 hour trip home. Jae slept over half of the time and just played the rest - no tears - awesome. Needless to say he did better than mommy. It is great to be home and was even better to see Cole (and all of our sweet family and friends there to greet us)! He is going to be a great big brother. He is sitting here in my arms right now having some mommy snuggle time before Jae wakes up (he is still in bed with daddy). Cole and I were talking and he said "we gotta be quite so we don't wake up baby Jae!". Dusty and I are still calling him "Hajoon-a" like they did in Korea and it is so funny to hear Cole say it to him. Jae's first night home he slept 12 hours only waking up twice!! It was insane, it was awesome, it was what we all needed in a bad way! LOL. He fights going to sleep like nothing you have ever seen and he is the world's WILDEST sleeper. Last night he woke up around 1 am for a bottle and had a hard time going back to sleep so we played for about an hour and after about 30 minutes of restlessness he relented and fell back asleep. Looks like he is on track for another 12 hours of sleep!
Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Welcome Home! Little Jae is sooooo sweet!
JessicaCo
Welcome home! I just love the pictures. I will keep praying for Jae's transition. Isn't it amazing how God forms our families! Can't wait to see and read more!
Post a Comment