Finally after a long wait we have received some good news regarding our paperwork!! We received this email yesterday:
"We have great news to share with you. We received word from Vietnam that your child’s legal documents have been sent to Hanoi . Once, Hanoi receives the paper work they will review your dossier along with your child’s dossier. This process usually takes about 2 weeks to complete. Once, this process is complete, they will then send your dossier along with your child’s dossier back to the Can Tho City local justice department for review. This process can take 2-3 weeks. Once, the review is completed by the local justice, the local justice will then forward both dossiers to the people’s committee for their review. The review for the people’s committee can take 2-3 weeks as well. Once, that review process is complete, then a date for the GNR will be set."
We will keep you posted as our our paperwork travels through these reviews - Looks like we will be headed to Vietnam in early May!
5 comments:
I told you not to say May! You are still supposed to say April. They way I figure it, Mark and I could be celebrating our 10yr anniversary in Vietnam.
I told you not to say May too!!! I'm still saying April...just closer to Dusty's predicted G&R date...okay, go ahead and get the big head Dusty...you were right, there, I said it! ;) I'm just SO excited for ANY movement whatsoever! Come on days, MOVE FASTER!!!
Congrats!! And you need to say April. We will be traveling in May and we are after you. So if you travel in May then that means we travel in June..........I don't think so. :)
I'm so glad you all recieved your long-awaited update. Hopefully you'll be on a plane sooner than you think.
I just wanted to say a quick hello. My name is Michelle Harwell and my husband and I are adopting a little girl from Vietnam. We are both originally from Norman and I believe we have some mutual friends.
We are scheduled to travel to pickup our little girl in May or June. I would love to touch base with you guys at some point!
Blessings!
Michelle
www.harwells.org
Post a Comment